Happy Birthday USA! A weekend filled with celebrations is upon us and as you set your plans for the weekend in motion we thought we would let you know of some events happening in and around our community!
In our Communities:
- Maybrook: The Village of Maybrook will host their Annual 4th of July Kick Off Celebration on Friday, July 1, from 7-10 PM at Frederick Meyer Veterans Memorial Park. Live Music will be provided by Hot Rod and the Maybrook Boy Scout Troup 236 Marching Band. Followed by Fireworks!
- Milton: The Town of Lloyd will have their fireworks celebration on July 3rd in the Town Field at Vineyard Avenue & Main Street.
- Wallkill: Head to the Ulster County Fair Grounds on Friday July 1st for food trucks, bouncy houses, face painting and fireworks. The fairgrounds open at 5pm and close at 11pm.
- Highland Falls: The town is bustling with fun all weekend long but on Monday the 4th of July, the annual Firecracker Race will occur at 8 AM, followed by a parade at 3:00 PM and finally fireworks at 9:15pm all in Roe Park.
- Newburgh: Cronomer Hill Park in Newburgh will be hosting fireworks on Friday, July 1 at Dusk
Are you looking for something besides fireworks to help you celebrate Independence Day?
Here are some other area events to attend.
- Music Under the Stars at West Point
Enjoy the music of the West Point Band at the Trophy Point Amphitheatre on Saturday July 2nd from 7:30 – 9:30 pm.Link http://orangetourism.org/events/music-west-point-band-music-under-the-stars-2016-07-02/
- Goshen’s Great American Weekend
This tradition hosted by the Goshen Chamber of Commerce hosts more than 150 arts & crafts and antiques vendors, food vendors, nonprofits, and features live music at the First Presbyterian Church Park, 33 Park Place, Goshen, NY on Saturday, July 2 & Sunday, July 3.
- You can also take in a harness race at the Goshen Historic Track
On Friday, Saturday & Sunday July 1, 2, 3 & 4th at 1pm
- What’s more American than Baseball?
Hudson Valley Renegades are hosting games at The Dutch on Friday & Saturday July 1st & 2nd at 7:05 pm with Fireworks right after the game! There is also a home game on Sunday July 3rd at 5:05pm followed by Fireworks.
As you plan, be sure you take care of all your banking needs before Monday. Wallkill Valley Federal Savings and Loan, will be closed on Monday the 4th of July so that we can join in the celebration with our friends and family. We hope to see you around town!