Our goal is to come along side our small business customers…
That is why we are providing some cyber security information to help you protect your business from cyber theft.
We hope you enjoy the following information:
- Establish a security policy. Be sure that all employees understand the policy as well as the consequences they will face if the policy is violated. Be sure to include guidelines for internet use, handling customer information and the procedure for reporting potential security incidents.
- Put safeguards in place to protect computers and networks. This includes security software that protects against viruses, malware and malicious software as well as a firewall system.
- Control the data that employees are able to access. Create separate user accounts for each employee that only gives access to the specific data they need to perform their jobs.
- Train your employees on important security measures. Be sure they understand basics such as the dangers of suspicious emails and safe methods of connecting to the internet when working off site.
- Update software timely. You don’t want to miss out on patches software vendors provide that correct security flaws in their products. Instead install the updates as soon as they are available.
We hope this blog has helped to provide business owners with information regarding cybersecurity. We are working hard to help our customers Bank Safer. If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to call. We would be happy to answer them.
Wallkill Valley Federal Savings & Loan, banking that puts community first!