It’s resolution time!
Statistically 25% of you added Spend Less, Save More to your list of resolutions.
Well, we can help! Wallkill Valley Federal Savings & Loan believes in fiscal responsibility and would love to help you make 2017 a prosperous new year. Here are our top tips for a bright financial future:
- Set goals. Saying you want to spend less and save more is great but studies show that making a specific goal is the first step in achieving it. So be specific. Try “I want to eat out less frequently and put that money in my savings account.” Or “I want to open a retirement account and have $1000 deposited by the end of the year.”
If you need help identifying the best place to put your savings, we can help!
- Save. Identify what you want to save money for and then do it.
Save for Christmas 2017. Our Holiday Club Account can be opened with $10!
Save for your 2017 or 2018 vacation.
Save for your retirement.
Save for a rainy day. Start an emergency fund. $1000 is a great amount to shoot for.
- Contribute to your IRA. If you have opened an IRA on or before December 31st, 2016 you have until April 15th 2017 to make contributions that will affect your 2016 tax year.
- Give. We’ve been talking about this a lot lately! If you are feeling inspired to give to a cause that is near and dear to your heart, do it!
- Budget. The start of a new year is a great time to see where you have over indulged the year before and identify places you can cut back your spending.
Happy New Year!
Thank you for being part of the Wallkill Valley Federal Savings & Loan community!
We wish each and every one of you a joy-filled & prosperous 2017!